CBD Quick Facts
- CBD is a safe, drug-free option for natural healing
- CBD supports your body's natural endo-cannabinoid system, which has many positive effects on the mind and body
- CBD is 100% federally legal, per the 2018 Farm Bill
- Our CBD is sourced from hemp, a species of the cannabis genus with non-psychoactive properties
- CBD will not get you "high"
CBD and the ECS - Simplified
Hemp is one of four species of plants in the cannabis genus. Like all other botanicals, plants in the cannabis genus have multiple constituents (chemicals found in the plant).
Phytocannabinoids are a constituent unique to plants in the cannabis genus. The Hemp plant contains non-hallucinogenic phytocannabinoids, including Cannabidiol (CBD).
The Endocannabinoid System (ECS) was identified in the 1990s by cannabis researchers. The ECS is a network of molecules, neural receptors, and enzymes found throughout the body, which suggests that the ECS collaborates with multiple body systems.
Although its role is not yet well understood, the introduction of phytocannabinoids including CBD- has a positive effect on the mind and the body, particularly in pain modulation and inflammation.
The Endocannabinoid System
The Endocannabinoid system regulates a number of important physiological processes, including the following:
- Muscle Control
- Stress Response
- Immune Function
The two main types of cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, can be found in almost every tissue of the body in different concentrations.
- Tags: Education